Well, this wraps up my second day at the Ajax Conference in Boston. Another day of brilliant people spouting out brilliant ideas. I only hope that my brain can soak in all of the information that has been sent it’s way.
First, I have to start off with a quote. Douglas Crockford is a walking soundbite and this one is just too funny to let go by:
Failing gracefully is good, shooting your toes off is bad.
Here’s another quick list of tools and topics that are now on my radar:
- OpenSTA: load testing your websites
- Jetty and Comet: Ajax pushes to the browser
- Fiddler: measuring server traffic
- Drip: a memory management tool for IE
- Lint (and JSLint): static analysis of code
And the list keeps going, but I need to stop somewhere. This list doesn’t even cover the concepts that have been covered, simply some tool that I might find useful.